This Vegan Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Dressing recipe offers major flavor, spice, and color with beans, red cabbage, tomatoes, spinach, mango, and jalapeños. This is a healthy lunch or dinner packed with plant-based protein in minutes.
Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Dressing [Vegan]
For the Avocado Basil Mango Dressing:
- 1 Medium Hass Avocado, cored removed and peeled
- 2 cups mangoes, frozen or fresh (See Notes!)
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of lemon
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil (See Notes!)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For the Black Beans and Taco Seasoning:
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the Tacos:
- soft flour or corn tortillas, any size (See Notes!)
- 1/2 medium red cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 cup organic spinach, finely chopped (See Notes!)
- grape tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, cored + diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
To Make the Avocado Basil Mango Dressing:
- Add together the mango, avocado, olive oil, basil leaves, and juice of a lemon to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. **NOTE: If using frozen mangoes, the sauce might be extremely thick, therefore, I'd suggest adding 1/2 cup of water and more as needed.**
- Then add sea salt, garlic, pinch of oregano, and dried parsley to sauce and blend for another minute or two, until completely smooth. **NOTE: Add additional seasoning to taste.**
- Add sauce to a small bowl or container and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To Make the Black Bean Tacos:
- In a medium skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once heated, add black beans and taco seasoning, mixing together and cooking beans on medium-low until cooked. through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
To Assemble Tacos:
- Add 2 tablespoons of black beans atop a charred tortilla, red cabbage, spinach, diced tomatoes, sliced avocados, and top with jalapeños.
- Repeat until the desired amount of tacos are made.
- Drizzle a generous amount of Avocado Basil Mango sauce over tacos and enjoy!
- Bon Appetit!
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile