These pancakes are are light, fluffy, and hearty all at the same time. The combination of whole grain buckwheat and oat flours provide a boost of energy, fiber, protein, and B vitamins, while cinnamon, pure maple syrup, and a bit of superfood coconut oil provide scrumptiously rich flavors. The star ingredient, seasonal blueberries, provides loads of antioxidants, nutrients, and even more flavor!
Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup water or non-dairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 cup organic blueberries
How to Prepare Whole Grain Blueberry Pancakes [Vegan]
- Combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, and stir to combine. Whisk together the flax egg, water/milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup in a separate bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and lightly coat with some coconut oil. Pour mounds of batter onto the skillet using a 1/4-cup measuring cup. Quickly drop blueberries onto the uncooked cakes. Cook about 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on top, then flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes more until golden.
- Serve warm with pure maple syrup and more fresh blueberries!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.