Summertime is right around the corner and that means enjoying a cool drink while sitting in the sunshine! If you’re looking for some refreshing drinks, we’ve got you covered! These drinks are perfect to bring to your Memorial Day picnic and share with friends. You can find more recipes like this on our Food Monster App!
1. Blueberry Lemonade
Source: Blueberry Lemonade
Lemonade is great all year, but with the warmer weather approaching, it becomes even more refreshing and delicious! Add some blueberries to make an amazing infusion of flavor for this Blueberry Lemonade by Maryea Flaherty.
2. Pine Needle Vodka Lemonade with Blueberries
This Pine Needle Vodka Lemonade with Blueberries by Gabriela Lupu is made with homemade pine needle syrup to sweeten it up! The syrup can be used for other drinks as well – keep it in the fridge and make your own custom cocktails. Taking out the vodka also makes this drink kid-friendly. Quick but delicious, make for guests or yourself!
3. Turmeric Glow Lemonade
Source: Turmeric Glow Lemonade
This Turmeric Glow Lemonade by Shannon Leparski is a game-changer, mostly because it’s so lemony and a little bit spicy with a touch of sweetness. Refreshing and thirst-quenching like no other. You can mix this up in 30 seconds. Drink it any time of day, when your body is thirsty for a drink that’s a step up from water.
4. Jal Jeera: Refreshing Indian Spiced Lemonade
This herbaceous Jal Jeera: Refreshing Indian Spiced Lemonade by Anupama Paliwal is best described as spiced lemonade, and can be made in just 2 minutes. Every single sip of this chilled drink will take your taste buds on a joy ride. The unique flavor of this lemonade comes from the combo of two fresh herbs — coriander and mint, and spices like roasted cumin powder, dry mango powder, ground black pepper, and black salt.
5. Carrot Orange Pineapple Detox Juice
6. Refreshing Peach Juice
Source: Refreshing Peach Juice
7. Hibiscus and Rose Cordial
Source: Hibiscus and Rose Cordial
This Hibiscus and Rose Cordial by Rosie Newton and Dillon Sivyour is a fresh, vibrant, and delightful beverage that tastes like a little sip of spring. The hibiscus and rose petals are simmered in a pot of water with a touch of agave and finished with a splash of lime juice to complete this simple but elegant drink.
8. White Apple Sangria
Source: White Apple Sangria
9. Peach Ginger Sangria
Source: Peach Ginger Sangria
This Peach Ginger Sangria by Stephanie Darby is super simple in flavor, cost, and preparation. Perfect for a humid outdoor cookout or a dreary rainy day pick me up. The one rule is that you must make it with Vinho Verde. This is by far my favorite summer wine. Light, crisp, and just a little bubbly, it is a classic sangria starter.
10. Cardamom, Rosewater, and Sweet Cherry Lassi
Traditionally made with yogurt, this Cardamom, Rosewater, and Sweet Cherry Lassi by Claire Ragozzino uses coconut yogurt, pitted sweet cherries, a splash of rosewater, and a pinch of cardamom for an easy-to-make cooling treat. You can enjoy this on a hot day or whenever you’re needing
11. Mango Ginger Lassi
Source: Mango Ginger Lassi
A lassi is a traditional drink in India. It is yogurt-based and often has turmeric, rosewater, or saffron added to the mix. This Mango Ginger Lassi by Crissy Cavanaugh has some fresh ginger root added which gives this lassi a little spice! The combination of mango, fermented “yogurt” and ginger is a great way to boost the health of your digestive system.
12. Ayurvedic Turmeric Lassi
Source: Ayurvedic Turmeric Lassi
This Ayurvedic Turmeric Lassi by Nikki and Zuzana is based on a popular Indian drink that is refreshing and is known to aid in digestion. Traditionally, it consists mainly of plain yogurt, purified water, and spices, making it a powerful and delicious digestive healer. This plant-based version uses dairy-free yogurt and includes turmeric among other spices, that are known to benefit skin, liver, and blood as well.
13. Saffron Pear Iced Tea
Source: Saffron Pear Iced Tea
ThisSaffron Pear Iced Tea by Charlie Rioux is spicy, sweet, and invigorating. It does have an intense saffron flavor, so only make it if you like saffron! Want to make this into a flavorful cocktail? Add a shot of vodka!
14. Iced Dandelion Latte
Source: Iced Dandelion Latte
This Iced Dandelion Latte by Jesse Lane Lee is a detoxifying drink that is much healthier than iced coffee. It is made with roasted dandelion root tea which gives it a rich and full-bodied flavor and sweetened with stevia. Iced Dandelion Latte is flavored with a little bit of vanilla, a splash of organic soy milk, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
15. Ginger Kombucha Mimosa
Source: Ginger Kombucha Mimosa
Have you caught the kombucha fever yet? This bubbly tea drink has been called an “immortal health elixir,” and it’s seriously trendy in the health community. If you add something healthy to your cocktail, it automatically makes it healthy food, right? This Ginger Kombucha Mimosa by The Edgy Veg is perfect for warm days!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.