This refreshing lemonade is made with homemade pine needle syrup to sweeten it up! The syrup can be used for other drinks as well - keep in the fridge and make your own custom cocktails. Taking out the vodka also makes this drink kid-friendly. Quick but delicious, make for guests or yourself!
Pine Needle Vodka Lemonade with Blueberries [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup pine needle syrup
- 1/2 cup vodka
For the pine needle syrup (will make extra):
- 4 cups fresh pine spruce needles
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- To make the syrup, combine the needles with water in a saucepan. Cook until liquid is reduced about 40 minutes. Stir the sugar until completely dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool. The extra syrup can be refrigerated.
- In a shaker filled with ice, combine lemon juice, pine needle syrup and vodka. Shake well.
- Pour cocktail into a bottle and add the blueberries and pine needle for decorations.
- When you serve the cocktail, decorate the glasses with blueberries, lemon or pine needles.