Kellogg’s Away From Home announced a continued partnership with Sodexo to bring plant-based meats to 3,000 locations including hospitals and schools.
The company will provide Incogmeato™ by MorningStar Farms® Burger Patties to help meet the demand for plant-based foods. The company will launch the program with Sodexo’s healthcare partners and then expand.
“Our Incogmeato lineup is a delicious plant-based solution for Sodexo’s guests who are craving a truly meat-like experience,” said Zach Ramos, General Manager, Kellogg’s Away From Home. “We are proud to offer our operator partners go-to plant-based options that give their guests what they’re craving – especially as consumer demand for just-like-meat products continues to grow.”
MorningStar’s Incogmeato line hit stores in early 2020, with plant-based products including vegan burger patties, Chick’n Tenders, and Chick’n Nuggets.
“We’re excited to expand our partnership with Kellogg’s Away From Home to offer our meat-loving customers a plant-based protein, who want to make more sustainable and plant-based choices without sacrificing what they love about meat,” said Rob Morasco, Senior Director of Culinary Development at Sodexo. “More people are exploring plant-based food options and we’ve seen a growing demand in our industry. Sodexo is committed to a deep understanding of foodservice trends, which allows us to satisfy more of our guests with options that meet consumer demand in an ever-evolving environment. Plant-based meat alternatives also Support Sodexo’s carbon reduction goal to reduce operational and supply chain carbon emissions by 34% by 2025, a commitment of our Better Tomorrow 2025 plan.”
The partnership cites statistics about the demand for plant-based options. Two-thirds of Gen Z are interested in plant-based proteins and over half of the surveyed millennials expressed interest.
Read more about plant-based diets in hospitals:
- DC City Council Introduces Law To Ban Processed Meats like Bacon and Hot Dogs in Hospitals
- Good News! Schools, Hospitals, and Other Institutions Across America Are Going Meatless
- NYC Hospital Fights Chronic Health Problems With Vegan Diets
- All New York State Hospitals Will be Required to Offer Patients Plant-Based Meals
- PCRM, Humane Society, Meatless Monday and Oldways Partner Up in an Effort to Bring More Plant-Based Options to Hospitals
- This Company Wants to Bring Plant-Based Chicken Nuggets to Schools, Cafeterias and Hospitals
- APPROVED! California Legislature Approves Bill Providing Vegan Options in Hospitals and Prisons
- 8 Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Programs
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Check out the following plant-based health resources:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Weekly Vegan Meal Plans Based on Your Nutritional and Seasonal Needs
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Vitamin K
- Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Vitamin E
- Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Vitamin D
- Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Calcium
- Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition: Zinc
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!