Back in October, we celebrated National Taco Day but on March 21st, it gets a little more specific, because it’s National Crunchy Taco Day!
Tacos are a traditional Mexican dish where corn or wheat tortillas are wrapped around delicious fillings and then garnished with toppings like cheese, salsa, guacamole, and tomatoes. Just look at the recipes we shared in Spice Up Your National Taco Day With These 12 Veggie Tacos, Transform Taco Tuesdays With These 10 Awesome Veggie Recipes, and A Week’s Worth of Delicious Vegan Tacos.
Sometimes, however, tradition needs a little something-something to make things exciting. Tacos are great for getting creative because they are so versatile. You can change up the shells, the fillings, and the toppings to your liking. One way to make tacos super exciting is to make global fusion tacos! Then we can enjoy Indian tacos, Italian tacos, Middle Eastern tacos, and Asian tacos, as well as Mexican tacos. For more ideas, see 10 Awesome Taco Fillings. Then, get ready to travel the world with these 11 awesome global taco recipes.
1. Spicy Korean BBQ Jackfruit Tacos With Sesame Carrot Coleslaw
2. Curried Rice and Vegetable Tacos
3. Moroccan Potato Lentil Tacos With Harissa
4. Hibiscus Tacos de Jamaica
5. Indian Chickpea Tacos With Cucumber Raita
6. Kimchi Tofu Tacos With Cashew Crema
7. Korean Spicy Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos With White Kimchi
8. Jackfruit Banh Mi Tacos
9. Indian Fusion Green Tacos
10. Sweet and Spicy Lentil Dal Tacos
11. Falafel Tacos
These global taco shells are like having a taco shell for a passport. You get to travel to different parts of the world, bite after delicious bite.
Lead image source: Jackfruit Banh Mi Tacos