The lentil base in this recipe contains savory onion, stewed tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and potatoes. A pinch of sugar adds a touch of sweetness while harissa brings the spice factor. These unique tacos will be your new favorite tortilla-wrapped dish!
Moroccan Potato Lentil Tacos With Harissa [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 cup dried red lentils
- 2 cups stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup spicy harissa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- In a large dutch oven or heavy-bottomed soup pot, add the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add diced potatoes and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in lentils, stewed tomatoes, harissa, vegetable broth and sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture begins to thicken and most of the liquid has cooked off, about 45 minutes.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare the taco toppings.
- When lentils are cooked, divide the mixture among the tortillas. Top with arugula, diced avocado, vegan goat cheese, sliced scallions and a drizzle of agave nectar.