Can’t decide between Mexican and Indian? Why not have both! This recipe for lentil dal tacos fuses two of my favorite ever foods. The added molasses gives it an extra interesting twist by providing a deep sweetness that will have you scraping the pot.
Sweet and Spicy Lentil Dal Tacos [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Sweet and Spicy Lentil Dal Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup brown lentils, uncooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cups chopped tomato
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
How To Make Sweet and Spicy Lentil Dal Tacos [Vegan]
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, ginger, cayenne, cumin, turmeric, salt, and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes and molasses, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add corn and lime juice and cook 5 more minutes. To make crema:
- Mix vegan sour cream with cayenne pepper, lime juice and cumin.
- Heat tortillas in oven or flame each individually over stove-top burner. Add lentils, top with crema and optional cilantro. Enjoy!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Hello every body my name is Synder Anderson I just want to share my experience with the world on how Lord Alika help me, I got my love back and saved my marriage… I was married for 3 years with 1 kid and we lived happily until things started getting ugly and we had fights and argued almost e very time… it got worse at a point that he filed for divorce I tried my best to make him change his mind & stay with me because I love him so much and don’t want to lose him but everything just didn’t work out… he moved out of the house because it was a rented apartment and still went ahead to file for divorce… I pleaded and tried everything but still nothing worked. The breakthrough came when someone introduced me to this wonderful, great spell caster who eventually helped me out… I have never been a fan of things like this but just decided to try reluctantly because I was desperate and left with no choice… He did special prayers and used his power… Within 4 days my husband called me and he said he was sorry for all the emotional pains he had cost me, moved back to the house and we continue to live happily and our kid is happy too and we are expecting our second child… and my Husband also got a new job and our lives became much better web:https://lordalikaspelltemp8.wix.com/http I have introduced him to a lot of couples with problems across the world and they have had good news..contact him on [email protected] or +2348072718865. web:https://lordalikaspelltemp8.wix.com/http