Kimchi and tacos are all the rage right now, so give them a try in your kitchen with these amazingly flavorful kimchi-marinated tofu tacos! They'll make your taste buds want to get up and do a happy dance.
Kimchi Tofu Tacos With Cashew Crema [Vegan]
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 cup kimchi (just check to see if the ingredients have fish)
- 3 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked for a few hours, if you don't have a high-speed blender)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Juice from 1 lime (approximately 3 tablespoons)
- Salt, to taste
- Gluten-free corn or gluten-free flour tortillas, to serve
- Press your tofu and cut into 1/2-inch (or so) cubes. Place in the marinade for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight. While the tofu is marinating, you can prepare your cashew crema and purple slaw.
- For the purple slaw, simply mix all of your ingredients together.
- For the cashew crema, add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth (this may take several minutes depending on your blender).