These are "fusion" tacos because they merge elements of Mexican and Indian cooking. Mexican and Indian cuisine have some major similarities when it comes to key ingredients and spices. Vibrant flavors like cumin, lime, chili, mango, garlic, tomato, and beans feature prominently in both. These ingredients and more come together to create these awesome fusion wraps, and perhaps you'll agree that Mexican and Indian flavors are a match made in heaven!
Indian Fusion Green Tacos [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Indian Fusion Green Tacos [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cans lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small white onion
- 1 teaspoon or more garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon or more cumin
- A couple cranks of pepper
- A pinch of oregano
- A dash of cayenne or hot sauce
- A few dashes turmeric
- A pinch of pink salt
- 2 carrots, very finely grated
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 large avocado
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Squeeze of lime or lemon
- Store-bought mango chutney
- Washed and dried collard green leaves
- Hot sauce or sriracha
How to Prepare Indian Fusion Green Tacos [Vegan]
- Grab a pot. Heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions in the oil until translucent.
- Add grated carrot, chopped tomato, and spices, and sauté a minute. I like a lot of spices, but the measurements above are more modest.
- Add tomato paste and lentils and coconut milk and lemon and mix well. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Taste, adjust seasonings and salt to your taste.
- Puree in a food processor or mix all ingredients by hand until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill the center of each collard leaf with a bit of the lentil meat, sour cream, mango chutney and hot sauce. Fold or wrap and eat like a soft taco.
If you don't have all of the individual spices listed above, substitute 2 teaspoons of a store-bought Indian spice blend.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.