This is a dish that has actually become popular in Mexico in recent years, probably because of the increase in the number of vegetarians. Hibiscus tacos are a wonderfully unique yet simple dinner, and they pair wonderfully with hibiscus agua fresca.
Hibiscus Tacos de Jamaica [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 serrano chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1-ounce hibiscus flowers, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and serrano chili, sauté until fragrant. Add the hibiscus flowers, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, sauté for 3-4 minutes. Season to taste.
- Serve in corn tortillas. You can accompany with avocado, vegan cheese, and salsa. Enjoy!
- Edible Flowers