The winter holidays bring the best and coziest desserts: apple, pumpkin, and pecan pies; gingerbread; and chocolate Yule logs – it’s all so delicious! You really can’t go wrong no matter which classic holiday dessert you choose to make. If you need a recipe for the upcoming celebrations, you’ve come to the right place. This list is full of classic holiday desserts that are vegan! No need to véganize the classics on your own. We got you!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Pecan Pie
Source: Pecan Pie
This Gluten-Free Vegan Pecan Pie by Maggie Wescott is made without corn syrup, eggs, or butter and is a delicious addition to your holiday table or any time of the year. It will impress everyone – vegans and non-vegans alike!
2. Greek Christmas Cookies (Melomakarona)
3. Gluten-Free Mince Pies
Source: Gluten-Free Mince Pies
Christmas isn’t truly here until the mince pies are out. These Gluten-Free Mince Pies by Hayley Canning are so delicious! This mincemeat filling is amazing, it’s deliciously stirred into porridge or coconut yogurt for breakfast. So it may be worth making extra.
4. Vegan Gingerbread Muffins
Source: Vegan Gingerbread Muffins
These Vegan Gingerbread Muffins by Gabrielle St. Claire are packed with staple spices, pack a rich molasses flavor, and a buttery soft texture, are perf for the holiday season, can easily be made in bulk, have gorgeous color and you can even add cream cheese icing for a more indulgent variation!
5. Sweet Potato Maple Mousse Pie
Source: Sweet Potato Maple Mousse Pie
6. Candy Cane Shortbread
Source: Candy Cane Shortbread
7. Sugar-Free English Fruit Cake
Source: Sugar-Free English Fruit Cake
8. White Chocolate Candy Cane Cups
Source: White Chocolate Candy Cane Cups
The first historical reference to candy canes dates back to 1670, when a choirmaster at a cathedral in Germany, created a bent version of the original white sugar sticks, to give to children during Christmas service. These bent sugar sticks represented a shepherd’s stick. Try this version of White Chocolate Candy Cane Cups by Ashley Flitter!
9. Spiced Sugar Cookies With Maple Icing
10. Chocolate Yule Log
Source: Chocolate Yule Log
This Vegan Chocolate Yule Log by Agnes Potier-Murphy will be the star of your Christmas celebrations! It is super delicious and it’s made with a secret ingredient: soy yogurt! The texture is amazing and it is so chocolatey! You will love it, the other vegans will love it, and the non-vegans will love it! Such a treat!
11. Triple Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
The holidays are upon us, and it’s time to start acting like it. This is the most decadent, chocolate creation, made all that much better with a healthy dose of peppermint! The triple chocolate comes from cocoa powder, dark chips, and ganache. You have to try this Triple Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake by Travis Piper!
12. Lebkuchen: Gingerbread Cake
Source: Lebkuchen: Gingerbread Cake
13. Pear and Apple Crisp
Source: Pear and Apple Crisp
There’s nothing like a nice warm, crisp pie filled with deliciously sweet fruit. This Pear and Apple Crisp by Jessica Bose is great all year round, and it pairs perfectly with your favorite dairy-free ice cream!
14. Coconut Almond Snowballs
Source: Coconut Almond Snowballs
Coconut fans are in for a real treat with this dessert right here! Coated with coconut flakes, these Coconut Almond Snowballs by Ashley Smyczek are fantastic and will satisfy that sweet tooth craving marvelously!
15. Christmas Cake
Source: Christmas Cake
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wise, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.