This vegan english cake is sugar free but so flavorful and moist. It is great for holidays or dinner parties. So good!
Sugar-Free English Fruit Cake [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 6 tablespoons xylitol
- 1 tablespoon muscat or port wine
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup dried fruit (dried figs, apricots, dates, raisins, prunes ...)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice with the plant-based milk. Reserve.
- Turn on the oven at 360ºF.
- Line the bottom of a cake pan with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Mix the fruit with 1 teaspoon of flour so that they do not sink to the bottom of the cake.
- In a bowl beat the coconut oil (soft but not liquid) with xylitol.
- Add the Port wine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and beat with the mixer.
- Add fruit and stir with wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the center of the cake is cooked.
- If necessary, cover the cake with aluminum foil to not burn.
- Remove, let cool and then remove.
- Brush with rice or agave jelly, place fruit on top and sprinkle with powdered xylitol.