This Vegan Yule log will be the star of your Christmas celebrations! It is super delicious, and it's made with a secret ingredient: soy yogurt! The texture is amazing, and it is so chocolatey! You will love it, the other vegans will love it, and the non-vegans will love it! Such a treat!
Chocolate Yule Log [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Yule Log [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 2 cups soy yogurt
- 3/8 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of light cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons plant mylk
- a small splash of lemon juice
For the Chocolate Filling:
- 14 ounces of silken tofu (2 cups)
- 3.5 ounces of vegan dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
How to Prepare Chocolate Yule Log [Vegan]
For the Filling:
- The day before: in a heat-proof bowl or cup over a pot of simmering water, melt the chocolate
- In a blender, add the silken tofu and maple syrup and mix it for a few seconds.
- Add the melted chocolate to the blender and mix for at least 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and leave it in the fridge overnight – this will create a mousse-like texture.
- On the day you make the cake, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with grease-proof paper*
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients in the order they appear on the ingredients list, making sure everything is well incorporated before adding in the next ingredient.
- Pour the batter onto the lined baking tray and make sure the baking sheet is evenly coated.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Immediately after taking the sponge cake out of the oven, flip it over a clean tea towel on a flat surface.
- Peel off the grease-proof paper carefully, roll the sponge cake up with the tea towel, and leave to cool.
- Once the sponge is cool, carefully unroll before filling with the chocolate mixture (you might have some chocolate filling left over, which will make for delicious pudding!).
- Roll it back up (without the tea towel this time!) and arrange the cake onto a serving dish.
- Cover the cake with a chocolate spread and sprinkle it with vegan white chocolate shavings. You could also dust it with powdered sugar, add a layer of vegan fondant or icing, or even marzipan!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.