The holidays are upon us, and it's time to start acting like it. This is the most decadent, righteous chocolate creation, made all that much better with a healthy dose of peppermint--lots of minty extract and a whole load of candy canes. The triple chocolate comes from cocoa powder, dark chips, and ganache.
Triple Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups soy milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cups canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 3 candy canes
- Preheat to 350°F. Mix the soy milk and vinegar together and let it curdle for a few minutes. Then and oil, sugar, and extracts. Stir to combine.
- Then sift in flour, powder, leaveners, and salt. Mix well. Pour into a pre-greased and floured bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Melt 1 cup of dark chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons coconut oil in the microwave for 3:00 minutes at 75% power.
- Stir well and add 1 tablespoon of almond milk and 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- Allow this to cool for a few minutes before applying it to your cooled cake.
- When the ganache is cool you may go ahead with the final peppermint/candy cane drizzle.
- Use 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, and 1 teaspoon almond milk.
- Crush the candy canes and sprinkle them on top.