There are many different types of kebab, like Doner, Shawarma, and Gyros. The difference between them is usually the way they are prepared and the ingredients that are used. We want to give you a variety of plant-based kebab recipes you can try out for Memorial Day and have gathered 15 different recipes for you to enjoy – all from our Food Monster App!
1. 15-Minute Harissa Eggplant Kebabs With Cucumber Mint Relish
Source: 15-Minute Harissa Eggplant Kebabs With Cucumber Mint Relish
Fifteen minutes is all you need to make this 15-Minute Harissa Eggplant Kebabs With Cucumber Mint Relish from the 15 Minute Vegan cookbook! They have the perfect spice and sweet taste, and everything is cooled down with a refreshing lovely cucumber mint relish!
2. Garlicky Barbecue Mushroom Kebabs
Source: Garlicky Barbecue Mushroom Kebabs
These Garlicky Barbecue Mushroom Kebabs by Gloria Sucic is great for the barbecue season! Make a big batch of these, and use the leftovers in your sandwich or for other dishes throughout the week.
3. Seitan Kebabs With Sangria Tomato Salad
Source: Seitan Kebabs With Sangria Tomato Salad
Seitan gives you a lot of protein, and is really good for making vegan kebab dishes! This recipe for Seitan Kebabs With Sangria Tomato Salad by Ayinde Howell is unique and really refreshing with the sangria tomato salad!
4. Grilled Tofu Tikka Kebabs
Source: Grilled Tofu Tikka Kebabs
Kebab with a hint of Indian spices! These Grilled Tofu Tikka Kebabs by Pavani Nandula are marinated in coconut yogurt, a tikka masala spice blend, oil, and some lemon – for the perfect tasty kebabs.
5. Pineapple Island Kebabs
Source: Pineapple Island Kebabs
A sunny dish with pineapple, sweet and spicy marinated tofu, and all the veggies you want! You just have to make these Pineapple Island Kebabs by Rhea Parsons this summer!
6. Piquant Tempeh Kebabs
Source: Piquant Tempeh Kebabs
When you want something spicy, hot, and really appetizing – try these Piquant Tempeh Kebabs by Lera Krasovskaya! It will definitely satisfy all your cravings, and they are also very easy to make!
7. Seitan Doner Kebab
Source: Seitan Doner Kebab
This recipe by Peffe Stahl is based on the original doner kebab, just that here the meat is switched out with seitan. Everything is served in a pita or a roll with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, and a yummy dressing in this Seitan Doner Kebab!
8. Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs
Source: Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs
These kebabs are made from sweet potato, pumpkin, and chickpea flour, for some really interesting flavors! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, you just have to try these Sweet Potato Pumpkin Kebabs by Anupama Paliwal!
9. Eggplant Kebab With Tahini Sauce
Source: Eggplant Kebab With Tahini Sauce
In this kebab recipe, the eggplant is seasoned with za’atar and stuffed in a flatbread with a crunchy salad, creamy tahini, and topped with a drizzle of tahini. This Eggplant Kebab With Tahini Sauce by Kirsten Kaminski is oil-free and salt-free, which makes it healthier!
10. Roasted Beet Kebabs
Source: Roasted Beet Kebabs
To make these kebabs you need roasted beets, black beans, cashews, parsley, coconut, and spices. When mixed together, this combination turns into these delicious Roasted Beet Kebabs by Anupama Paliwal!
11. Tempeh Kebab Rolls
Source: Tempeh Kebab Rolls
Coat tempeh in spices, cook it until soft, and add it in a roll with fresh tomatoes, garlic, and herbs, and enjoy these Tempeh Kebab Rolls by Carla Rendon and Jessica Ruiz! These kebabs are definitely perfect for summer.
12. Tofu Vegetable Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
Source: Tofu Vegetable Kebabs with Peanut Sauce
When you want something that is perfect on the grill, these Tofu Vegetable Kebabs with Peanut Sauce by Cathy Elton are everything you need! The smoky peanut flavor coating is so good, no one will be able to resist.
13. Tofu Kebabs With Grilled Mango Sorrel Salad
Source: Tofu Kebabs With Grilled Mango Sorrel Salad
This recipe is a crowd-pleaser in the summer, with a variety of sweet and savory vegetables and marinated tofu. A healthy salad and rice on the side make these Tofu Kebabs With Grilled Mango Sorrel Salad by Maya Popovich a complete and satisfying meal!
14. Sweet and Spicy Mango Kebabs
Source: Sweet and Spicy Mango Kebabs
You don’t need a grill to make these Sweet and Spicy Mango Kebabs by Amanda Nicole Smith! The veggies are tossed in a blend of barbecue spices and dehydrator. Healthier, savory, and you definitely won’t miss the grill!
15. Grilled Seitan Kebabs With Creole Coconut Sauce
Source: Grilled Seitan Kebabs With Creole Coconut Sauce
In this recipe, you can choose if you want to try to make the seitan yourself, or use a store-bought one. Either, way, these Grilled Seitan Kebabs With Creole Coconut Sauce by Josephine Watmore will turn out fantastic and savory. It’s everything you need for a good summer meal!
Looking for more recipes for the spring and summer season? Fire Up the Grill! 25 Vegan Barbecue Recipes Starring Fresh Veggies That Will Leave You Speechless!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!