Feel like eating something spicy, hot, elegant, and rich in protein? This tempeh recipe is here to fill your craving! These kebabs are so easy to make too – just skewer everything on a stick and get grilling!
Piquant Tempeh Kebabs [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Piquant Tempeh Kebabs [Vegan]
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1 small mango
- 1 small red bell pepper Marinade:
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Chile pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid sweetener
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6-8 wooden sticks
- Vegetable oil for grilling
- Sesame seeds for decoration
How To Make Piquant Tempeh Kebabs [Vegan]
- Cut tempeh in small cubes, approximately 1x1 inch. Cut mango in chunks of approximately the same size. Cut the bell-peppers in squares or any other shape that you will.
- Prepare the marinade by chopping the first two ingredients and mixing it with the rest. Marinate the tempeh, mango and peppers for at least 10 minutes.
- Put the tempeh, mango and peppers on the wooden sticks in a random order trying to match colours nicely.
- Heat the oil in a grill pan. When the pan is very hot, arrange the sticks on it. Grill on each side for approximately two minutes. Add more marinade while grilling if necessary.
- Decorate with sesame seeds before serving.
Tip: add some fresh basil or coriander for extra flavor and color!
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile