If you’re trying to steer away from sugar, Thanksgiving can be difficult. There are desserts everywhere, as far as the eye can see, and most of them are packed full of lots of sugar. Enough to make your teeth hurt!
Don’t worry, though – with these recipes, you can bring along a delicious, tasty, refined sugar-free dessert! Chances are nobody will believe you if you tell them that they’re not sweetened with tons of refined sugar.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App – with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
Also, don’t forget to check out our ultimate guide to plant-based recipes for Thanksgiving!
Now, Check them out:
1. Chewy Caramel Fudge Brownies
Image Source: Chewy Caramel Fudge Brownies
These deliciously ooey-gooey Chewy Caramel Fudge Brownies from Priscilla Soler are decadent and made with no refined sugar. They’re a delicious treat for whenever you need that little extra pick-me-up.
2. Macadamia and Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
Image Source: Macadamia and Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles
It takes a few simple ingredients to put together these Macadamia and Hazelnut Chocolate Truffles from Marta Ansaldo and Mimma Sangiorgio, with a creamy inside and a crisp outside. Because if you want to celebrate, you have to do it with all the love you can!
3. Healthy Copycat Snickers Bar
Image Source: Healthy Copycat Snickers Bar
These Healthy Copycat Snickers Bars from Mitra Shirmohammadi are so good, all without processed sugar and unhealthy additives! These are great for your next sweet-treat emergency. Coconut flour creates a delicious gluten-free base, with dates and almond butter serving as the gooey caramel!
Gratitude: Plant-Based Thanksgiving Cookbook
No other holiday captures the spirit of home cooking the way Thanksgiving does. This is why you need the ultimate Thanksgiving cookbook, One Green Planet’s Gratitude: Plant-Based Recipes to Create your own Thanksgiving Tradition! In the cookbook, you’ll find our 100 most popular plant-based thanksgiving recipes like Soft Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts, Spiced Apple Cake with Cashew Frosting, Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding with Nut Crumble Topping, Cinnamon Apple Hand Pies, and hearty entrees like Roast Root Vegetable Stack With Dukkah, Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing, and Seitan Roast With Sausage and Pear Stuffing and Apple Cider Gravy and so much more!
4. Chocolate Orange Cookies
Image Source: Chocolate Orange Cookies
These sweet Chocolate Orange Cookies from Lenia Patsi have a surprisingly tangy bite of orange!
5. Rustic Apple Pie
Image Source: Rustic Apple Pie
The autumn can’t go by without trying this gluten-free vegan Rustic Apple Pie from Nele Liivlaid that will fill your kitchen with heavenly fall flavors. It’s an easy-to-make vegan pie recipe that even beginners can add to their repertoire!
6. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Image Source: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
The best part about these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies from Larice Feuerstein is that the recipe couldn’t be simpler. Just 8 everyday ingredients, one bowl, and 20 minutes are all you need to whip up a batch of these easy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies. We hope you love them as much as we do!
7. Pecan Pie
Image Source: Pecan Pie
The filling of this amazing Pecan Pie from Maryke Wylde tastes like silky caramel – hard to believe there is no sugar in it! This is a no-bake, raw vegan dessert.
8. Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies
Image Source: Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies
These gluten-free Cinnamon and Raisin Cookies from Natalie Yonan are soft, and chewy, and don’t have any refined sugar in them. Filled with delicious cinnamon and raisin, they’re basically like a taste of heaven.
9. Salted Chocolate Caramels
Image Source: Salted Chocolate Caramels
Hope you enjoy these chewy and delicious Salted Chocolate Caramels from Mitra Shirmohammadi as much as we did! Just be warned that they’re quite addictive! They taste better because they’re made with love, using pure wholesome ingredients, without any additives, oils, or refined sugar. They consist of only 8 ingredients, and are no-bake, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan of course!
10. Personal-Sized Apple Pie
Image Source: Personal-Sized Apple Pie
Who wouldn’t love a Personal-Sized Apple Pie from Danielle Dewar? The pastry is low in fat – yet buttery tasting and the filling is lightly sweetened with natural sweeteners!
11. Carrot Cake Muffins
Image Source: Carrot Cake Muffins
With this vegan, no-refined sugar, and gluten-free muffin version of a classic carrot cake, you won’t be able to get enough! These Carrot Cake Muffins from Patricia Idus are moist and light and filling at the same time, and with all the spices this recipe is perfect for fall!
12. Sugar-Free Cinnamon Almond Ring Cake
Image Source: Sugar-Free Cinnamon Almond Ring Cake
This Sugar-Free Cinnamon Almond Ring Cake from Sara Oliveira looks complex, but it’s so easy to make, it’ll make you feel like a professional. It’s made from wholesome ingredients like spelt flour and is completely sugar-free, thanks to the addition of xylitol. You can choose from two fillings: one is made with coconut oil and has a rich, buttery coconut flavor that complements the cinnamon while the other is made with almond butter, which enhances the flavor of the crunchy almonds in the filling!
13. Caramel Sauce
Image Source: Caramel Sauce
This Caramel Sauce from Nele Liivlaid is perfect for freshly baked cinnamon buns! It also has a secret ingredient to get the caramel taste.
14. Sweet Potato and Plantain Truffles
Image Source: Sweet Potato and Plantain Truffles
These Sweet Potato and Plantain Truffles from Amy Height are like little cakey balls of batter with all of the yumminess and none of the baking. They’re great for summer (no turning on the oven!) and easy to whip up if you need something quick for a party. I’d challenge you to make these for the next social event you attend and avoid telling anyone they’re vegan, sugar-free, and gluten-free. Everyone who has tried these so far has been shocked to learn they’re free of anything refined. Aren’t whole foods magical?!
15. Plantain Brownies
Image Source: Plantain Brownies
The most perfect Plantain Brownies from Claire Ragozzino’s recipe that’s gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and doesn’t taste like cardboard or strange hippie healthy takes on dessert. Plus, it’s under 10 ingredients! It’s also a recipe that’s versatile in texture and flavor possibilities. If you like fudgy, dense brownies, then increase the oil to 1/3 cup. If you like them fluffy, then use less oil. The majority of the sweetness comes from the ripe plantains, but the maple rounds it out with a touch of smoky richness. You can also play around with adding mint instead of cinnamon or a swirl of nut butter, the base is pretty solid and can be tweaked for different flavor cravings as your heart desires. So without further adieu, the easiest healthy brownie recipe ever!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!