The filling of this amazing pecan pie tastes like a silky caramel – hard to believe there is no sugar in it! This is a no bake, raw vegan dessert.
Pecan Pie [Vegan, Raw, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 2/3 cup pecans (roast them for extra flavor)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- pinch of salt
- 8 Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pecans to garnish
- Make the base first – put the dry ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until it looks like a crumbly mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well combined. It will be a sticky paste.
- Line the base of a quiche or tart dish and spread the mixture into the base. Press it down evenly using your fingers. Put in the fridge.
- For the filling – put the dates, almond butter, vanilla and salt in the food processor / blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the coconut oil and water and blend for about 10 seconds – if the mixture splits don’t panic, just stir it with a spoon to blend again.
- Spread the filling over the base and back to the fridge for about 45 minutes to set.
- Remove from the fridge and arrange the pecans on top – then back to the fridge until you are ready to eat.
This can be prepared in advance. Just cover the dish in glad wrap or similar and place in the fridge.