The most perfect brownie recipe that’s gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and doesn’t taste like cardboard or strange hippie healthy takes on dessert. Plus, it’s under 10 ingredients! It's also a recipe that's versatile in texture and flavor possibilities. If you like fudgy, dense brownies, then increase the oil to 1/3 cup. If you like them fluffy, then use less oil. The majority of the sweetness comes from the ripe plantains, but the maple rounds it out with a touch of smoky richness. You can also play around with adding mint instead of cinnamon or a swirl of nut butter, the base is pretty solid and can be tweaked for different flavor cravings as your heart desires. So without further adieu, the easiest healthy brownie recipe ever…
Plantain Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or more if desired)
- 3 large overripe plantains
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a small baking dish with olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender. Puree until smooth.
- Pour the batter into your greased baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until you can poke a toothpick or knife into the brownies.
- Serve warm or cool with a big glass of almond milk or your favorite tea.