Is there anything better than soft, warm, perfectly sweetened, and delicious banana bread baked at home? The comforting smell and taste of this classic bread is sure to put a smile on your face. It’s great to make for guests, it can be a breakfast, snack, or dessert, and it’s easy to make! Do you need any more reasons to whip up one of these 10 awesome recipes from our Food Monster App? Let’s get baking!
1. Date and Walnut Banana Bread
Source: Date and Walnut Banana Bread
The Date and Walnut Banana Bread from Hayley Canning is perfectly sweet as it’s infused with dates, maple syrup, banana, and cinnamon but the walnuts and buckwheat flour ensure that it doesn’t get too sweet. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert. It tastes amazing on its own, or warmed up!
2. Spiced Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
Source: Spiced Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
With an infusion of fragrant warm spices and luscious dark chocolate, this Spiced Dark Chocolate Banana Bread from Elsa Brobbey is nothing short of a decadent treat. It’s sweet but not too sweet, not too dense, and aromatic. Delicious and tender spiced-up banana bread studded with dark chocolate.
3. Zucchini Banana Bread
Source: Zucchini Banana Bread
This is a delicious loaf of healthy vegan Zucchini Banana Bread from Taryn Fitz-Gerald that is dairy and refined sugar-free. It’s hearty and moist and scrumptiously fulling! The sneakily added zucchini boosts the nutritional value and is a great way to get more greens into your diet.
4. Banana-Chocolate and Raspberry Bread
Source: Banana-Chocolate and Raspberry Bread
This Banana-Chocolate and Raspberry Bread from Priscilla Soler is a spin-off of the traditional banana bread, but infused with sweet chocolate and tart raspberry! This bread is great to serve at your next breakfast or brunch!
5. Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins
Source: Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins
These Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins from Michele Elizabeth are super healthy! Made with oats and sweetened with maple syrup and chocolate chips. It’s like eating a bowl of healthy fiber-filled oatmeal but in an easy on-the-go muffin form.
6. Healthy Banana Bread
Source: Healthy Banana Bread
This Healthy Banana Bread from Larice Feuerstein is sweetened entirely with bananas and dates, and the only flour required is oat flour. Easy to assemble and a healthy treat!
7. Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Source: Double Chocolate Banana Bread
This Double Chocolate Banana Bread from Helene Maj is so cakey and flavorful – it’s the perfect, healthy way to treat your taste buds! The banana draws out the richness of the chocolate and the chocolate just enhances the sweetness of the banana – a perfect pair!
8. Spiced Pumpkin Banana Bread
Source: Spiced Pumpkin Banana Bread
The only thing better than pumpkin bread or banana bread is a delicious fusion of the two sweet classics! That’s right, creamy pumpkin purée, sweet ripe banana, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice all in one heavenly loaf. Enjoy a slice of this Spiced Pumpkin Banana Bread from Robin Runner with some coffee for a slightly sinful breakfast or warm one up and serve it with a scoop of plant-based vanilla ice cream for a post-dinner treat.
9. Banana Bread Muffins With Creamy Cashew Milk
Source: Banana Bread Muffins With Creamy Cashew Milk
What could be better than some muffins when you have some overripe bananas to use up? Nothing, absolutely nothing! This Banana Bread Muffins With Creamy Cashew Milk recipe from Lindsey Auerbach has become nothing short of an obsession in our house.
10. Raspberry Vanilla and Almond Banana Bread
Source: Raspberry Vanilla and Almond Banana Bread
Always simple to prepare, tender and moist without being overly sweet, banana bread is the perfect cake to have with a cup of strong coffee or herbal tea. This Raspberry Vanilla and Almond Banana Bread from Harriet Porterfield has a soft crumb and topping of lightly toasted almonds and extra juicy raspberries. It comes together in one bowl and contains loads of wholesome ingredients with fresh almonds, two bananas, and raspberries in the batter!
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!