The only thing better than pumpkin bread or banana bread is a delicious fusion of the two sweet classics! That's right, creamy pumpkin purée, sweet ripe banana, coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice all in one heavenly loaf. Enjoy a slice of this loaf with some coffee for a slightly sinful breakfast or warm one up and serve it with a scoop of raw vanilla ice cream for a post-dinner treat.
Spiced Pumpkin Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 flax eggs (1 1/2 tablespoons flaxseed meal, plus 4 tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 of 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- Pumpkin seeds, for topping (optional)
- Walnuts, for topping (optional)
- Prepare flax eggs in your large stand mixer bowl. Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line your loaf pan with parchment paper, spray with coconut oil, and set aside.
- After about 5 minutes of your flax egg sitting, add pumpkin, banana, maple syrup, and oil. Whisk to combine. Then add your dry ingredients – coconut sugar, soda, salt, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon – and whisk again. Stop and scrape down the sides as necessary. Now, add water and whisk again. Add oats, almond meal, and flour. Blend again.
- Gently pour your mixture into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven. If topping, sprinkle with your choice of nuts or seeds.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- After about 10 minutes, lift the parchment paper/bread out and place to finally cool on a rack. Don’t slice until completely cooled.
Store in an airtight container.