These Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins are super healthy! Made with oats and sweetened with maple syrup and chocolate chips. It’s like eating a bowl of healthy fiber filled oatmeal but in an easy on-the-go muffin form.
Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup oats (processed into flour)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of whole oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (mash the banana and then measure it)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 360° F and spray a muffins tin (3-4 holes) with non- stick spray.
- Add 1/2 cup oats to a food processor and pulse until broken up and forms a chunky flour consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix it up.
- Mash and measure the ripe spotty banana and measure it out, add banana and the rest of the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop into 3-4 muffins holes and place in the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes and serve immediately or store in a sealed container for 1-2 days.