A delicious loaf of healthy vegan banana bread, that is dairy and refined sugar free. It's hearty and moist and scrumptiously fulling! The sneakily added zucchini boosts the nutritional value and is a great way to get more greens into your diet.
Zucchini Banana Bread [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
Ingredients You Need for Zucchini Banana Bread [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- 4 bananas - mashed
- 1 zucchini - grated
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds - (swelled with 4-6 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut threads
- 6 teaspoons stevia - or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 vanilla pod - seeds scraped
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- Coconut threads
How to Prepare Zucchini Banana Bread [Vegan, No Refined Sugar]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a bread tin with baking paper.
- In a small bowl add your chia seeds and water and allow them to swell, mixing to avoid clumping.
- Peel and mash your bananas until smooth. Rinse your zucchini and grate. Set both aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flours, baking powder, arrowroot powder, coconut threads and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the mashed banana, zucchini, soy milk, vanilla seeds, stevia and chia seed mixture once it has swelled completely.
- Add in the melted coconut oil and mix thoroughly ensuring that the dry mixture is evenly coated with the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the lines bread tin and spread evenly. Decorate the top with coconut threads.
- Pop into the pre-heated oven and bake for about an hour, until cooked through. Test by sticking a toothpick into the center of the bread and if it comes out dry, it's done!
- Serve warm, or toasted with your favorite nut butter and a cup of tea.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2114 | Total Carbs: 311 g | Total Fat: 94 g | Total Protein: 41 g | Total Sodium: 179 g | Total Sugar: 69 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.