The bread is perfectly sweet as it’s infused with dates, maple syrup, banana and cinnamon but the walnuts and buckwheat flour ensure that it doesn’t get too sweet. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack or even a dessert. It tastes amazing on it’s own, or warmed up!
Date and Walnut Banana Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- 1 and 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 medium bananas (mashed)
- 1/3 of a cup of almond milk
- 1/3 cups of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 285°F.
- Add all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix everything together.
- Grease a small loaf tin with coconut oil, then pour in the mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven to bake for about forty minutes, until the top is a golden brown.
- Take out the oven and leave to cool completely before enjoying