Always simple to prepare, tender and moist without being overly sweet, banana bread is the perfect cake to have with a cup of strong coffee or herbal tea. This raspberry vanilla banana bread has a soft crumb and topping of lightly toasted almonds and extra juicy raspberries. It comes together in one bowl and contains loads of wholesome ingredients with fresh almonds, two bananas and raspberries in the batter!
Raspberry Vanilla and Almond Banana Bread [Vegan]
- 2 large extra ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour (or sub plain gluten free flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- 4 tablespoons flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf tin.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl until smooth. Add coconut oil and lemon juice to bananas and mix well.
- Add in all dry ingredients apart from the raspberries. Stir briefly to incorporate, then slowly pour in the milk until you have a thick batter.
- Mash a 1/4 cup of raspberries in a cup with a fork and add to the batter along with the rest of the whole raspberries, saving some for the top. Pour into prepared loaf tin and top with remaining raspberries and flaked almonds. Bake for 1 hour, until golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Top with more raspberries and a little icing sugar if desired. Stores well in the fridge for up to 4 days, or slice and pop in the freezer for up to a month.