This banana bread is so cakey and flavorful - it's the perfect, healthy way to treat your taste buds! The banana draws out the richness of the chocolate and the chocolate just enhances the sweetness of the banana - a perfect pair!
Double Chocolate Banana Bread [Vegan]
1 bread, 12 slices
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons psyllium HUSK powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5-ounces dark (dairy-free) chocolate, chopped
- Topping: 1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax eggs.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas. Add non-dairy milk, melted coconut oil and combine.
- Add all dry ingredients, except for all-purpose flour, chocolate, and almonds. Stir thoroughly.
- Now add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour add a time until you've stirred in all of it.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and transfer batter to a loaf pan - top with almonds.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Allow cooling 10 minutes before removing from loaf pan.