Brazil nuts are nutritionally dense and can be used in a variety of recipes. Since Brazil nuts have high-fat content, they do a great job of adding creaminess and richness to plant-based cheeses, milk, and butter. So if you’ve been thinking about what you should do with those extra brazil nuts you have laying around, this is the list for you!
1. Brazil Nut Milk
Source: Brazil Nut Milk
Making nut milk is so easy, and you can flavor it however you like! Brazil nuts are great for milking, providing a delicious and distinctive taste! This Brazil Nut Milk by Desiree Rodriguez is spectacular!
2. Apricot, Goji, and Brazil Nut Bars
These Apricot, Goji, and Brazil Nut Bars by Christine DesRoches are delicious and are somewhat like a granola bar, mini-sized. They have dried apricots, brazil nuts, pepitas, goji berries, coconut, and dates. They hold together well, perfect for packing away in the cooler! They can also make for a quick, easy breakfast.
3. Cauliflower Salad With Roasted Almonds and Brazil Nut Parmesan
This Cauliflower Salad With Roasted Almonds and Brazil Nut Parmesan by Josefine T. Meineche could not be easier to make. Simply pulse cauliflower, roast the almonds lightly, slice some avocado, and sprinkle with some delicious Brazil nut Parmesan. Voila! Lunch is served!
4. Brazil Nut Fudge
Source: Brazil Nut Fudge
This Brazil Nut Fudge is an excellent snack to have when you’re trying to be healthy, and still get your sweet tooth fix. This fudgy treat will beat out any chocolate craving you have, so you can keep on being the best version of yourself. Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
5. Spaghetti With Green Tahini Sauce and Brazil Nut Parmesan
If you love your greens (or know you should be eating more of them), but still love your pasta, you are going to love this easy Spaghetti With Green Tahini Sauce and Brazil Nut Parmesan by Buffy-Ellen Gill. This is the perfect meal for your busy mid-week nights and is great for batch cooking so you have dinner or lunch sorted for the next day. The green basil tahini sauce is incredible too, and you could easily double it so you have extra to drizzle on salads and vegetables in the coming days.
6. Cinnamon Vanilla Brazil Nut Butter
Nut butter is a wonderful source of protein and necessary fats in your diet. If you love almond butter, you should try this unique Cinnamon Vanilla Brazil Nut Butter by Robin. This particular butter combines nuts, a bit of vanilla flavor, some maple syrup, and a sprinkling of maple syrup. Use it for dipping fruit, spreading on toast, or just enjoying by the spoonful!
7. Cauliflower Brazil Nut Purée With Crispy Tofu
This Cauliflower Brazil Nut Purée With Crispy Tofu by Amy Height is a wonderfully nutrient-rich alternative to mashed potatoes. Blended with garlic, thyme, ground pepper, and coconut oil, this purée is flavorful and comforting. Once topped with crispy, browned tofu, this dish becomes a complete meal that is sure to satisfy.
8. Brazil Nut Cheese
Source: Brazil Nut Cheese
9. Raw Coconut and Brazil Nut Truffles
These Raw Coconut and Brazil Nut Truffles by Teffy Perk will steal your heart. The filling has an incredibly rich, creamy flavor that compliments the chocolate coating so well, you’ll have to resist eating them all in one sitting. It’s a deliciously sweet dessert that tastes indulgent!
10. Chocolate-Covered Brazil Nut-Stuffed Medjool Dates With Coconut Whipped Cream
You don’t need a reason to whip up a simple treat like these Chocolate-Covered Brazil Nut-Stuffed Medjool Dates With Coconut Whipped Cream by Maya Popovich. Medjool dates, which are rich and caramel-y on their own, are stuffed with Brazil nuts and coated in a rich dark chocolate shell. Homemade coconut whipped cream tops them off creating a decadent bite-sized dessert that’s irresistible.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.