This cauliflower salad with roasted almonds could not be easier to make. Simply pulse cauliflower, roast the almonds lightly over heat, slice some avocado, and sprinkle with some delicious Brazil nut Parmesan. Voila! Lunch is served!
Cauliflower Salad With Roasted Almonds and Brazil Nut Parmesan [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- A dash of pepper
- 2 avocados
- Vegan parmesan (optional)
- Heat up a dry pan on the stove and roast the almonds over high heat it until they are golden brown and give off a slightly roasted smell.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place them in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice. Transfer to a bowl.
- Chop the roasted almonds slightly in the food processor (no need to clean in between) and mix them into the cauliflower together with the finely chopped thyme.
- Mix olive oil, white wine vinegar and agave nectar to a simple dressing and pour over the salad. Add in salt and pepper and stir very well.
- Just before serving add in avocado and top with vegan parmesan if desired.