If you love your greens (or know you should be eating more of them), but still love your pasta, you are going to love this easy dish. This is the perfect meal for your busy mid-week nights and is great for batch cooking so you have dinner or lunch sorted for the next day as well. The green basil tahini sauce is incredible too, and you could easily double it so you have extra to drizzle on salads and vegetables in the coming days.
Spaghetti With Green Tahini Sauce and Brazil Nut Parmesan [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Pasta:
- 7 ounces spaghetti of choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- 4 cups spinach, finely sliced and packed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the Green Tahini Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Brazil nut Parmesan, to top
- Cook pasta, then drain and rinse briefly under cold water. Be sure to reserve 1/2 cup cooking water — it'll make a huge difference to your sauce.
- While the pasta cooks, make up the Brazil nut Parmesan by blitzing all ingredients in a blender until crumbly.
- Once your pasta is cooked, make the sauce by blending all sauce ingredients (including your reserved pasta cooking water) until smooth.
- Place the pasta back in the pan over low heat. Add the sauce and spinach, cooking for just a minute or two until the spinach is very lightly wilted, but still vibrant.
- Finally, mix through the tomatoes and spring onions and then remove from heat.
- Plate up your pasta into bowls, adding 1 tablespoon of Parmesan to each plus cracked black pepper and extra sea salt to taste.