Nut butters are a wonderful source of protein and necessary fats in your diet. If you love almond butter, you should definitely try this unique Brazil nut butter! This particular butter combines the nuts, a bit of vanilla flavor, some maple syrup, and a sprinkling of maple syrup. Use it for dipping fruit, spreading on toast, or just enjoying by the spoonful!
Cinnamon Vanilla Brazil Nut Butter [Vegan]
- 3 cups Brazil nuts
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread your Brazil nuts evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 6 minutes then remove and toss. Return to the oven for an additional 6 minutes or so. Keep a watchful eye. Nuts have a high level of fat and will burn quite easily.
- Once golden, remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, add to your food processor or high speed blender. Add the vanilla bean seeds or extract, syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Blend, stopping the machine occasionally to scrape down the sides. Let it run until you achieve the consistency that you prefer.