You don't need a reason to whip up a simple treat like these chocolate-covered dates. Medjool dates, which are rich and caramel-y on their own, are stuffed with Brazil nuts and coated in a rich dark chocolate shell. Homemade coconut whipped cream tops them off creating a decadent bite-sized dessert that's irresistible.
Chocolate-Covered Brazil Nut-Stuffed Medjool Dates With Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan]
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 10 brazil nuts
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 13.5-ounce of full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (ideally for 2 nights)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Place one brazil nut inside each pitted Medjool date. Line a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Stir frequently until fully melted and remove from heat. Cover each stuffed date in melted chocolate by placing it into the bowl filled with the chocolate. Using two forks, transfer the date between them until it is no longer dripping with chocolate (but still fully covered) and place it on the prepared tray. Repeat until all dates are covered in chocolate. Freeze for approximately 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- While the dates are freezing, prepare the coconut whipped cream. Skim all of the hardened cream from the top of the can and place it in a bowl with the vanilla. Using hand-held electric beaters, whip the coconut cream until smooth. If you want it sweet, add the 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- When the chocolate has hardened, remove the dates from the freezer, top with whipped cream, and serve.
The dates should last in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.