These little bars are really tasty and are somewhat like a granola bar, mini-sized. They have dried apricots, brazil nuts, pepitas, gogi berries, coconut, and dates. They hold together well, perfect for packing away in the cooler! They can also make for a quick, easy breakfast.
Apricot, Goji and Brazil Nut Bars [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 10 dried apricots
- a big pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 tablespoons gogi berries, soaked in water for 5 minutes to soften
- extra coconut, for topping
- Pulse brazil nuts in the bowl of a food processor, until broken into chunks. Add pepitas, dates, apricots, salt, coconut oil and shredded coconut, and pulse to combine. Reserve 1 teaspoon of gogi berries, and add the remainder to the food processor and pulse briefly, to combine.
- Line a dish with parchment paper. Press mixture firmly into prepared pan. Top with reserved gogi berries, as well as extra shredded coconut and press gently. Place in the fridge to firm up, for at least 30 minutes.
- Carefully lift bars from pan using the parchment lining, and cut into squares using a large sharp knife. Store bars in the fridge or freezer.