This cauliflower and brazil nut purée is a wonderfully nutrient-rich alternative to mashed potatoes. Blended with garlic, thyme, ground pepper, and coconut oil, this purée is flavorful and comforting. Once topped with crispy, browned tofu, this dish becomes a complete meal that is sure to satisfy.
Cauliflower Brazil Nut Purée With Crispy Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 small head cauliflower, stems removed, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 Brazil nuts
- 3 leaves swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup extra firm tofu, cubed
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a covered pot with a pinch of salt.
- Add cauliflower, garlic, thyme, Brazil nuts, and chard and bring everything to a boil for 3 minutes.
- While it's coming to a boil, heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a skillet until glistening, then add tofu and cook until browned on each side.
- Drain cauliflower pot, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid in a measuring cup.
- Transfer cauliflower and everything else in the pot to a food processor, add reserved cooking liquid and remaining teaspoon of coconut oil. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer purée to serving dishes and top with browned tofu.