This recipe is an excellent snack to have when you're trying to be healthy, and still get your sweet tooth fix. This fudgey treat will beat out any chocolate craving you have, so you can keep on being the best version of yourself. Find this recipe and more in Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life, by Summer Sanders, available from Skyhorse Publishing!
Brazil Nut Fudge [Vegan, Raw]
- 3/4 cup raw organic Brazil nuts
- 1/2 cup raw organic almonds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seed butter
- 2 medium dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon maca
- 1/2 teaspoon mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 small ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder for topping
- In a food processor, combine the Brazil nuts and almonds. Process until a flour-like texture forms.
- Add the pumpkin seed butter, dates, cacao powder, maca, mesquite, vanilla, and coconut sugar. Blend well until moist and sticky.
- Add the banana and salt and process again to combine.
- Be aware that over processing will bring out the oil in the nuts and make the fudge hard to spread. Just process as needed.
- Transfer the mixture onto parchment paper and use a spatula to spread it about 2-inches thick. If you would like a thicker fudge that’s fine. It will just yield fewer pieces.
- Once it’s spread, score the fudge into even squares and place in the freezer. The fudge should be set in one hour. Top with cacao powder and serve.
This recipe and many more beautiful, holistic dishes can be found in "Raw and Radiant: 130 Quick Recipes and Holistic Tips for a Healthy Life" by Summer Sanders. Available on Amazon!
Per Serving: Calories: 105 | Carbs: 4g | Fat: 10g | Protein: 5g | Sodium: 12mg | Sugar: 7g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile