Great news! Valentino, the iconic Italian fashion designer, is the latest to go fur-free, Humane Society International (HSI) reported. The company will shut down its fur subsidiary and phase out fur by the end of next year.
Valentino said of the news, “The fur-free stance is perfectly in-line with the values of our company. We are moving full-steam ahead in the research for alternative materials in view of a greater attention to the environment for the upcoming collections.”
Fashion houses Stella McCartney, Gucci, Versace, and Giorgio Armani do not use fur or have announced they will stop using fur in the production of their clothing. We hope other cities, states, and countries follow suit!
Martina Pluda, director of Humane Society International/Italy, said in an emailed statement, “Valentino dropping fur is a major nail in the coffin for the cruel fur trade. Like so many other designers, Valentino knows that using fur makes brands look outdated and out of touch, and fur industry certification schemes are little more that the hollow PR spin of an industry that kills 100 million animals for fur a year. Compassion and sustainability are the new luxury in a world where dressing in the fur of factory farmed foxes or gassed mink is tasteless and cruel. As the UK government considers a ban on fur imports and sales, and countries such as Italy are urged to ban fur farming, the world’s top designers are leading the charge with fur-free fashion.”
Every year, millions of animals are raised and killed for their fur. The animals at fur farms are kept in tiny cages their entire lives. It’s been proven that the mental health of animals on fur farms, like all captive animals, suffers greatly. The pace and self-mutilate. Then, they are killed in gruesome ways like gassing, bludgeoning, and electrocution.
Sign this petition to End the Chinchilla Fur Trade in the U.S. and E.U.
- States Introduce Fur Ban Legislation to Fight COVID-19 and Animal Cruelty
- 10 Adorable Minks That Will Convince You to Go Fur-Free!
- Shocking New Footage of Animals Suffering on a Polish Fur Farm
- Here are the Innocent Faces of the Cruel Fur Industry
- Mink on Wisconsin Fur Farm Test Positive for COVID-19
- Victory! World’s Largest Fur Auction House to Close
- Disturbing Footage Described as “Scene From Hell” of Animals Suffering at a Fox Fur Farm
- Need Another Reason to Stop Buying Fur? Watch this Sad Footage of Mink Attacking Each Other at a Lithuanian Fur Farm
- Dutch Fur Farms Have Killed A Million Mink During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Hungary Bans Fur Farming
- New Undercover Investigation Shows How Baby Foxes Are Raised For Their Fur (VIDEO)
- Mink Rescued From Fur Farm Experiences Water for the First Time (VIDEO)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!