The Sun is reporting that Prince Harry has sold his hunting rifles to please his wife, Meghan Markle. He sold his handmade rifles in a private deal before the couple left the United Kingdom and left for Canada and eventually the United States. The firearms are worth about £50,000.
According to a friend of the anonymous buyer, “He bought them because he wanted them, not because they belonged to Harry, but he was quite chuffed when he found out. They are beautiful examples and he’s very pleased with them but he’s not the sort of person who wants to boast about the royal connection.”
Prince Harry has a history of hunting but various reports have said he’s pulled back since his marriage. Dr. Jane Goodall said of Harry and his brother William in a radio interview, “They hunt and shoot. But I think Harry will stop because Meghan doesn’t like hunting.” Prince Harry went on a wild boar hunt in 2017 while engaged to Markle.
Read more One Green Planet recent news about trophy hunting:
- Safari Club International Where Donald Trump Jr. Auctioned a Hunt is also Involved in Trading Body Parts of Endangered Animals
- Donald Trump Jr.’s “Dream Hunt” Auction
- Undercover Footage of Nevada Trophy Hunting Convention Shows Promoting Trips to Shoot Lions
- Five reasons Trophy Hunting is not conservation
- What Actions You Can Take to Stop Trophy Hunting
- 10 Stories Highlighting the Horrors of the Trophy Hunting Industry
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!