A bear is safe after getting stuck on a utility pole in Arizona, AP reports. Sulphur Springs Valley Electric Cooperative received notice that a bear was stuck on their pole and tangled in power lines.
Lineman Werner Neubauer said that the company disabled the power to keep the bear safe. Neubauer then went up in a bucket lift to help get the animal down, coaxing him and using a fiberglass stick to nudge him.
“I think I told him I was gonna help him get down the pole,” Neubauer said. “I know he couldn’t understand me. But it did get his attention.”
Eventually, the bear got the message and went down and ran away.
- 10 Wildlife Videos Caught on Camera and Tips on How to Safely Handle Wild Animal Encounters
- Alaska Airlines Flight Hits and Kills Brown Bear on Runway During Landing
- Amazing Mini Tunnels Help Turtles Cross Dangerous Highways Without Getting Crushed
- How to Co-Exist with Black Bears
- Donald Trump Jr. Won’t Stop Killing Endangered Animals, Gets Permit to Hunt Grizzly Bears
- Missouri Votes to Allow Black Bear Hunting
- Senators John Kennedy and Cory Booker Introduce Legislation to Protect Bears from Poaching!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!