We all understand that there are benefits to eating more vegetables and incorporating fresh juice is a great way to get extra nutrients in. There are a few ways to spice up your veggie juice, especially if you’re looking for something new! Try adding some coconut water or some sparkling water for something different.
Juices are great to drink as the weather warms up and is also a wonderful way to eat what’s in season. Depending on the juicer you have, you can juice pretty much any fruit or vegetable you’d like. Mixing up the ingredients can also help you decide what juice suits you best; are you a person that likes a sweeter juice or a more savory juice?
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
This week, we’re bringing delicious, fully vegan, and plant-based ways to enjoy delicious juices!
Celery and Celery-based Juices:
Source: Antioxidant-Rich Kiwi Juice
Celery juice is a great way to get in some extra hydration in your day. Juicing celery is simple and is a quick juice to make if you want a fantastic, nutritious juice with just one ingredient. There are a few ways to add more depth and flavor to a celery juice, by adding limes, ginger, and lemons!
- Magical Celery Juice For Beginners by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- Antioxidant-Rich Kiwi Juice by Olivia Budgen
- Dandelion Detox Juice by Claire Ragozzino
Source: Alkaline Green Juice
Drinking green juice is a great way to add micronutrients to your diet. Juicing veggies, especially cold-pressed or through a masticating juicer makes sure that there are as many nutrients in your juice as possible. Enjoying green juices can be fun and by using flavors you enjoy. If you want a bit more of a sweet juice, you can add fruit such as apples and oranges. If you want a more savory juice, you can add an herb or savory green like parsley, dill, or fennel.
- Green Juice With Parsley by Gabriela Lupu
- Alkaline Green Juice by Olivia Budgen
- Rainbow Juice by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez
- Lemon and Greens Juice by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler
- El Camino Juice by Rouxbe
Source: Sunshine Juice
Fruit juices are a great way to start the habit of drinking juice. Using fruit as a base is a great way to also add nutrients to your day. These juices are sweeter and you can slowly add more vegetables as you get more used to drinking them!
- Ash Gourd Juice (Winter Melon Juice) by Jamie Raftery
- Sunshine Juice by Rouxbe
- Carrot Orange Pineapple Detox Juice by Celeste Meredith
- Healing Turmeric Golden Juice by Celeste Meredith
Juices and Spritz for Fun!
Source: Green Juice Punch
Enjoying fresh juices can be fun! Mixing up the fruits and veggies that you use can be a great way to try new flavors, and adding sparkling water or coconut water so
- Green Juice Punch by Magnesium Everyday Secrets, Gretchen Lidicker
- Lychee and Kombucha Spritz by Jessica Sepel
- 2-Ingredient Honeycrisp Apple Spritzer by Rachael Hutchings
- Rosy Rosé Spritzers by Hannah Sunderani
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!