The healing homemade turmeric paste in this recipe can be used in almost anything like smoothies, teas, lattes,and of course everyday cooking. This golden juice mixes in fresh orange juice, ginger, and carrots for sweetness and extra health benefits. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain.
Healing Turmeric Golden Juice [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Turmeric Paste:
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
For the Turmeric Golden Juice:
- About 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric paste
To Make the Turmeric Paste:
- Mix the water and turmeric powder in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir until a paste forms. If it gets too thick add in more water, if too thin add in more powder. Should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add in the pepper and coconut oil and continue to mix until everything is well mixed.
- Transfer to a storage container with a tight seal, I prefer glass. Store in your refrigerator and use within two weeks. If you will not be using within two weeks, you can freeze.