Veggie burgers are a staple of many people’s diets, but why go store-bought when you can make them yourself? These 15 black bean veggie burgers are packed with protein and tasty. Check them out on our Food Monster App and find your favorite!
1. Beer Cheese Black Bean Burger
Image Source: Beer Cheese Black Bean Burger
If you love flavorful meals that don’t disappoint, you have to try this homemade Beer Cheese Black Bean Burger by Gabrielle St. Claire. The burgers are made from seasoned black beans, mushrooms, and plenty of herbs; they’re topped with creamy beer cheese sauce, plus crunchy onion rings. While the ingredients to this homemade black bean burger are varied, the steps are easy-peasy. It’s the ultimate comfort meal. You’ll feel like you’re at the pub without even having to leave the comfort of your home!
2. Mushroom, Beet, and Black Bean Burger
Image Source: Mushroom, Beet, and Black Bean Burger
Mushrooms, beets, and black beans. The combination of these three ingredients creates a magnificently meaty burger. Not to mention, mushrooms and roasted beets provide you with that fantastic fifth taste: umami. You’re going to dig this tasty Mushroom, Beet, and Black Bean Burger from Kayli Dice.
Get the Better Burger Cookbook!
Make Delicious Nutrient-Rich Burgers Without The Meat takes an iconic American dish enjoyed for generations and turns it into plant-based yumminess just for you. This vegan burger cookbook is here to take the traditional burger to a whole new level that’s both delicious and health-conscious. There’s something to please every burger lover: from classic to creative and simple to elaborate.
3. Easy Black Bean Burger With Tahini Slaw
Image Source: Easy Black Bean Burger With Tahini Slaw
A simple Easy Black Bean Burger With Tahini Slaw from Caroline Doucet that’s nutritious, yet delicious! The black bean patty is high in protein thanks to the beans, nuts, and seeds. It’s also filled with fiber due to the beans, vegetables, whole wheat bread, and again, the nuts and seeds. It’s flavored with smoked paprika, garlic, and onions to give you a BBQ-flavored burger, without any BBQ sauce. Make a few batches and keep them in the freezer for easy weeknight dinners!
4. Nourishing Black Bean Burger With Thousand Island Dressing
It’s BBQ party season and these Nourishing Black Bean Burger With Thousand Island Dressing from Maria Koutsogiannis are the perfect addition to your next gathering. They will be the star of the show. They’re super delicious, nutritious, and easy to follow! Don’t skip out on the homemade Thousand Island sauce because it makes this burger.
5. Tempeh Black Bean Burgers With Creamy Dill Sauce
Image Source: Tempeh Black Bean Burgers With Creamy Dill Sauce
The patty in these Tempeh Black Bean Burgers With Creamy Dill Sauce from Ashley Madden is perfected by mixing black beans and tempeh and it’s baked, not fried. Pair with the homemade creamy dill sauce for the perfect flavor combo!
6. Black Bean Burgers With The Best Burger Sauce
Image Source: Black Bean Burgers With The Best Burger Sauce
Look at these incredible Black Bean Burgers With The Best Burger Sauce from Holly Jade! This bean burger along with homemade mustard and mayonnaise-based burger sauce is out-of-this-world good. We’ve all had more than our fair share of lackluster veggie burgers, but this black beans patty is not one to miss out on- especially when you serve it with the thick, creamy, and mildly spiced sauce.
7. Beet and Black Bean Burgers
Image Source: Beet and Black Bean Burgers
Get ready for warmer weather with these hearty Beet and Black Bean Burgers from Veronica and Amy Pearce! Beets give them their gorgeous pink color and earthy flavor while freshly cooked black beans add a meaty texture. Serve these topped with sprouts, fried onion, and mushrooms with sweet potato fries on the side.
8. Beastly Black Bean Burgers
Image Source: Beastly Black Bean Burgers
These Beastly Black Bean Burgers from Emilie Heck are simply amazing. The liquid smoke gives this burger a rustic and woody undertone that is honestly just to die for. The quinoa and black beans are a nutritional fortress, and the garlic tahini just swoops in and ties it all together. These burgers are definite crowd-pleasers and are sure to fill your belly, leaving you satisfied. So what are you waiting for? Get grilling!
9. Smoky and Spicy Black Bean Burger
Image Source: Smoky and Spicy Black Bean Burger
Barbecue season is upon us, and you can never have enough tasty burger recipes. While pre-packaged patties are an easy option, sometimes it’s nice to make your own from scratch. This Smoky and Spicy Black Bean Burger from Becky Cotter is perfect served with a good BBQ sauce and loads of greens.
10. Beet Basil and Black Bean Burgers
Image Source: Beet Basil and Black Bean Burgers
These incredible Beet Basil and Black Bean Burgers from Buffy-Ellen Gill will without a doubt bring a breath of fresh air to your next BBQ adventure. They are made with meaty black beans, earthy beets, and a bit of fresh basil. Stack ’em on buns with your favorite fixings for a meal that is more energizing than your average beef patty.
11. Tempeh and Black Bean Burger
Image Source: Tempeh and Black Bean Burger
This burger patty has a lot going on. Made primarily of tempeh and black beans, it’s a little sweet, salty, spicy, savory, and bursting with umami from the nutritional yeast. Sandwiched between two crunchy English muffins, this Tempeh and Black Bean Burger from Zsu Dever is unique!
12. Mini Black Bean Burgers With Garlic Basil Cream Sauce
Image Source: Mini Black Bean Burgers With Garlic Basil Cream Sauce
These Mini Black Bean Burgers With Garlic Basil Cream Sauce from Alena Grahn can be made with a variety of different spices and additions. You could add mushrooms, asparagus, smoked paprika (major yum), or greens like spinach or chard. They also pair very well with something a bit tangy, so a cashew sour cream or this garlic basil cream sauce works perfectly!
13. Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers With Creamy Mustard
Image Source: Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers With Creamy Mustard
Sometimes, to make the best burger, you’ve just got to do it yourself. These Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers With Creamy Mustard from Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer are ones you’ve got to make. Smoky, filling, and oh-so-satisfying, this burger is sure to impress anyone you serve it to, including yourself!
14. Smoky Portobello Black Bean Burger
Image Source: Smoky Portobello Black Bean Burger
This Smoky Portobello Black Bean Burger from Megan Sadd has two meaty patties, one delicious sauce, and plenty of fixings. A smoky black bean patty is paired with juicy, marinated Portobello mushroom caps, caramelized onions, and roasted garlic aioli. A burst of savory flavor in each bite!
15. High Protein Jalapeño Black Bean Burgers
Image Source: High Protein Jalapeño Black Bean Burgers
Love spicy food? You will love these High Protein Jalapeño Black Bean Burgers from Rene Barker. Each patty is packed with beans, onions, and garlic, plus spicy brown mustard, Sriracha, and jalapeños. These burgers are also freezer-friendly, so you can make a big batch and just freeze them for a later date.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.