Mushrooms, beets, and black beans. The combination of these three ingredients creates a magnificently meaty burger. Not to mention, mushrooms and roasted beets provide you with that fantastic fifth taste: umami. You're really going to dig this tasty burger.
Mushroom, Beet, and Black Bean Burger [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom, Beet, and Black Bean Burger [Vegan]
- 2 cups cooked black beans, drained (or 2 cups canned beans, drained and rinsed)
- 1 large beet, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup quick cook oats
- 1/4 14-ounce block firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- Salt, to taste
How to Prepare Mushroom, Beet, and Black Bean Burger [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Finely dice the beets, toss them in olive oil, and roast for 30 mins or until fork tender.
- Finely dice the mushrooms, toss them in olive oil, and sauté until they lose their water.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture forms a slightly chunky dough
- Form mixture into 6 patties by hand and place each patty on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes, flipping patties after 10 minutes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.