Craving rocky road? We’ve got you covered! Here at 7 vegan, healthier versions of the classic rocky road that are just as delicious. Featuring the perfect blend of soft, chewy, and crunchy textures, you really can’t go wrong with a combination of cookies, cranberries, marshmallows, and chocolate.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Easiest Ever Rocky Road
Source: Easiest Ever Rocky Road
2. Rocky Road
Source: Rocky Road
This isn’t the rocky road that you grew up with — this rocky road recipe by Harriet Emily it’s a healthier take on a classic and it’s delicious. Date nectar is used to sweeten the chocolate, adding a depth of sweetness that complements the dried fruit and the bitter cocoa. To give it that “rocky road” texture, it’s filled with puffed brown rice and quinoa, dried fruits, and nuts, giving it the perfect blend of soft, chewy, and crunchy textures.
3. Rocky Road Ice Cream
Source: Rocky Road Ice Cream
4. Rocky Road Brownies
Source: Rocky Road Brownies
Marshmallows are another non-vegan thing I don’t miss, but I have to admit something is appealing about rocky road bars. Dark chocolate, crispy nuts, and chewy marshmallows? Whoever thought of that deserves the Nobel Food Prize. (Wait, there’s no Nobel Food Prize? What?!!) But even better than that – yes, I know it’s hard, but trust me – are rocky road brownies by Clémence Moulaert.
5. Jeweled Rocky Road Bars
Source: Jeweled Rocky Road Bars
Rocky Road traditionally has cookies, cranberries, and marshmallows in it, but these Jeweled Rocky Road Bars by Becky Cotter take a more wholesome route with Brazil nuts, mixed and dried berries, as well as some gluten/dairy-free digestives. Along with mixing the berries into the melted chocolate, I also sprinkled them on top to give the bars this jeweled, pretty finish they have.
6. Dark Chocolate Rocky Road
Source: Dark Chocolate Rocky Road
This healthy sugar-free Dark Chocolate Rocky Road by Vicky Coates is a quick and easy snack recipe that takes about 10 minutes to whip up! Unlike the traditional rocky road, it contains no marshmallows, added sugar, or butter but tastes incredible!
7. Rocky Road Bark
Source: Rocky Road Bark
Gelatine-free marshmallows, and dark chocolate, come together to make Vegan rocky road bark by Natalie Tamara. Together with the slight crisp you get from the chocolate when it is in thinner discs like this, the crunch of the chocolate, and the chewy cranberry, this is a mouthful of heaven.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, and prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.