Gelatine-free marshmallows. Dark chocolate. VEGAN rocky road. This was the first ever time I’ve tried vegetarian marshmallows and they live up to every distant memory I have of marshmallows. Together with the slight crisp you get from the chocolate when it is in thinner discs like this, the crunch of the chocolate and the chewy cranberry, this is a mouthful of heaven.
Rocky Road Bark [Vegan]
- 3.5 ounces dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp vegan marshmallows
- 2 rich tea biscuits, roughly crushed
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Add the chocolate to a heat-proof bowl placed over a shallow pan of warm water. Over a gentle heat, melt the chocolate, stirring to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Spread a layer of foil over a plate or baking tray. Once the chocolate has fully melted, spoon out onto the foil to create discs of chocolate. Leave to cool for a minute or two.
- Sprinkle on the marshmallows, broken biscuit and cranberries.
- Place in the fridge for around ten minutes to set.
- Carefully remove from the backing foil and enjoy!