Leafy greens are undeniably one of the healthiest foods on the planet. They are extremely nutrient-dense, with a significant concentration of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Leafy greens are also highly alkaline and packed with heart-healthy and bowel-friendly fiber.
We all know we should eat more of them, but for many of us, all that buying, storing, washing, chopping, chewing and digesting just seems like too much. And if you’re trying to get all your greens in salads, you may quickly tire of cold leafy vegetables.
Fortunately there are TONS of ways to incorporate more greens in your diet…even if you’re not a fan of salads. Try cooking them in a scramble, pie, or pesto; incorporating them in a soup or creamy dip; roasting them to crispy perfection; or blending them in a juice, milkshake or refreshing green smoothie! The salads will be there when you’re ready.
We have way too many amazing recipes to list them all, but here are a few of our favorites, organized by green:
- Chickpea Flour Omelette With Spinach, Onion and Bell Peppers
- Spanakopita (Greek Spinach Pie)
- Beginner Green Smoothie
- Creamy Spinach Soup in 15 minutes
- Tofu Scramble (with Spinach and Nutritional Yeast)
- Grasshopper Milkshake
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Superfood Brownie Bites
- Pan Fried Tofu tossed with Ginger Spinach and Mushrooms
- Black-eyed Pea and Spinach Cakes (with Sun-Dried Tomato Tartar Sauce)
- Seitan Wellington with a Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Vegan Spinach Dip
- Cheezy Spinach & Cilantro Rice
- Green Juice Sorbet
- Sour Cream and Onion Kale Chips
- Baked Kale Chips
- Kale and Grilled Tomato Salad
- Kale Salad with Grilled Eggplant, White Beans and Fresh Figs
- Strawberry Kale Smoothie
- Lentil-Kale Vegan Risotto
- Red Lentil Burgers With Kale Pesto
- Mesquite-Avocado Kale Salad
- Kale Waldorf Salad
- Jazzy-licious Kale
- Carrot Apple Kale Ginger Juice
- Rice Pilaf with Kale, Cashew and Veggies
- Arugula Pesto
- Rotini with Fresh Arugula and Tomato Sauce
- Arugula Fennel Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing
- Summertime Scramble
- Dandelion Greens Smoothie
- Escarole and White Bean Soup
- Smoky Chickpea and Watercress Salad with Mango and Avocado
- Mizuna, Fennel, and Mulberry Salad
- Sesame Roasted Beets and Greens
What’s your favorite way to use greens? Share one of those great recipes with us!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.