Tired of basic brunch ideas? These 10 vegan dishes almost perfectly mimic the texture and flavor of scrambled eggs, and the tofu makes them creamy, indulgent, protein-packed, and extremely satiating. Start your day right with these nutritious and delicious tofu scramble recipes that will keep you full all morning long!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Croissants Stuffed With Dill Scrambled Tofu and Chive Aioli
These Croissants Stuffed With Dill Scrambled Tofu and Chive Aioli by Plant Tribe will leave you full and satisfied because the croissant halves act as the bread in this breakfast sandwich. If you have the luxury of buying pre-made vegan croissants, then do it, it will save you tons of time. Enjoy the herbaceous flavor of the scrambled tofu and the creamy, indulgent, oniony chive aioli.
2. Cheesy Tofu and Spinach Scramble
Source: Cheesy Tofu and Spinach Scramble
This Cheesy Tofu and Spinach Scramble by Christina Bedetta is fluffy and delicious! Not only does this dish almost perfectly mimic the texture and flavor of scrambled eggs, but it is also packed with protein, and is extremely satiating, especially when paired with, my favorite, avocado toast!
3. Southwestern Tofu Scramble With Roast Potatoes
A hearty breakfast full of flavor and vibrant colors! The southwestern flavors in this Tofu Scramble With Roast Potatoes by Rini Desai are the perfect way to start the day. Tofu is crumbled and cooked with black beans, corn, bell pepper, and Tex-Mex-inspired spices, then served with hearty roasted potatoes. Good morning!
4. Antipasto Scrambled Tofu
Source: Antipasto Scrambled Tofu
This Antipasto Scrambled Tofu by Katie Culpin and Josh Bailey is an incredible energy booster with amazing flavor. Start your day right with this delicious goodness! Black salt gives the tofu an eggy flavor, while olives, roasted bell pepper, and artichoke bring that tangy, umami flavor that makes antipasto so good. Basil added at the end gives it a fresh flavor, but it can also be substituted for spinach. Serve this scramble on its own, wrap it up in a tortilla to take it on the go, or serve it over toast.
5. Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
Source: Mediterranean Tofu Scramble
The Mediterranean Tofu Scramble by Kristy Turner is a meal that’s simple and versatile, and the fact that it’s almost foolproof makes it a great recipe for new vegans and a tried-and-true favorite for longtime vegans. Black salt is great for giving your scramble a sulfuric, eggy taste; nutritional yeast adds just the right amount of nutty cheesiness. This recipe is my favorite scramble with a Mediterranean twist. Serve it with pita bread and a side of olives and dolmas for a platter you won’t soon forget.
6. 15-Minute Tofu Scramble
Source: 15-Minute Tofu Scramble
7. Tofu Scramble
Source: Tofu Scramble
8. Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens
Source: Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens
9. Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos
Source: Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos
Tired of basic brunch ideas? So are we which is why were are so excited about these Tandoori Tofu Scramble Tacos by Maya Sozer. The tandoori tofu scramble is packed with flavor and just the right amount of spice then placed on a corn tortilla with a bit of arugula, avocado, red cabbage, and red onions. These handheld delights are the perfect way to start your day.
10. Spicy Tofu Scramble and Avocado Breakfast Burrito
This Spicy Tofu Scramble and Avocado Breakfast Burrito by Sara Hohn is the right way to kick off your morning. It’s stuffed with scrambled tofu, made spicy from fresh jalapeño peppers, fresh greens, avocado, and a zingy hot sauce, making this a satisfying and manageable breakfast or brunch. You could even add black beans, or a drizzle of Sriracha if jalapeño isn’t spicy enough for you.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend purchasing one of our many plant-based cookbooks or downloading the Food Monster App which has thousands of delicious recipes making it the largest vegan recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.