This is a little bowl of health to start your day! It is full of nutrients and protein!
Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens [Vegan]
- 1/2 bag of chopped Collard Greens from Trader Joe's
- 1 small tomato
- 1/2 block of extra Firm Tofu
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- pinch of salt
- 1 medium sized yellow bell pepper, chopped
- half a red onion, sliced in rings
- two cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 leek, chopped in 1/4" rings
- 2 shakes of Paprika
- Olive oil
How to Prepare Tofu Scramble and Collard Greens [Vegan]
- First, get a big soup pot and pour in some olive oil. Add the onion, and leeks and sautee over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until the onions become a bit translucent. Halfway through add the garlic. Next, add the bell peppers and cook another 3 minutes, stirring often to make sure everything is coated in plenty of oil and isn't sticking to the bottom of the pot! Add whatever spices you like! Lastly, add all those collards to the pot and toss (either with a wooden spoon, or some tongs) until well integrated. Cook until the greens are wilted, as pictured above.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan add a bit of olive oil to coat the bottom. Take the tofu and crumble through your fingers until it makes little pebble sized chunks (you can't do this wrong, so just get in there and be brave). Add the turmeric and salt (play around with the turmeric until it tastes the way you like it. Then add the tomatoes. Cook over medium high heat until slightly crispy, about 7 minutes. Use a thin metal spatula to scrape any of the tofu that sticks to the bottom of pan (this, to me, is the yummiest part).
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.