Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
When this woman went on a walk with her husband, she never expected to find this tiny abandoned orange tabby cat wandering around in the street alone. She looked around for his mom or siblings but couldn’t find anyone, the kitten seemed to be all alone.
She brought him back home, introduced him to their other cat, and got him washed up. He got lots of food and water and a special warm hair drying for his fur. He was wrapped up like a little burrito in a towel, and he seemed to be at peace and finally felt safe.
The kitty got some more food, snuggles, and some interaction time with his new sibling. As he adjusted to his new home, his personality started to shine through. The little kitty has the most adorable sleeping positions and seems to be enjoying his new home and family.
According to national estimates, approximately 6.3 million companion animals are abandoned and enter U.S. animal shelters nationwide every year. In the US alone over 5.4 million cats are killed on the side of the road. If you happen to notice a cat on the side of the road, whether or not the animal is injured, safely put on the hazard lights and pull your car completely off the road before attempting to rescue them, says the Humane Society.
- Blind Cat Rescued From Rubble After Tornado Destroyed Texas Animal Shelter
- Cat Rescued Two Weeks After Escaping Crate at Airport
- Feral Cat Rescuer Wants to Get Black Community Involved in Trap-Neuter-Return Programs
- Cat Rescued After Being Stuck in 50-Foot Tree for Six Days!
- Cat Rescued After Escaping from Dogfighting Ring
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!