Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Cuddling with dogs has proven to be very beneficial to people, like therapy dogs, who help people make it through the day, every single day. There’s also the dog who cuddles with his human little sister so that she can sleep after being terrified by an earthquake. But dogs also benefit from cuddling and snuggling with us.
Jeff Honig, as seen in the video above, volunteers 10 hours every week to the Humane Society of Tampa Bay to snuggle shelter dogs. When they come out of surgery, he is there waiting to snuggle them with love. No doubt, it helps them recover and feel loved until they can be adopted.
Shelters need the help of volunteers to be able to help as many animals as possible, and it’s amazing how just donating time to snuggle and cuddle can be so helpful to the dogs in shelters!
If you enjoy stories about dogs cuddling and rescue dogs, check out Terrified Dogs Cuddled Up Together in Shelter… and Then This Happened, These Homeless Dogs Went From Cuddling in a Tire for Warmth to Living it Up in a Mansion!, and Abused Former Fighting Dog Wants Nothing More Than to Snuggle With the Man Who Saved Him.
- Woman Helps Shelter Dogs With Adorable Photos [Video]
- Kind Man Uses Stimulus Check to Cover Adoption Fees for Six ‘Hard to Adopt’ Shelter Dogs
- The Coronavirus Outbreak Could Lead to an Increase in the Euthanasia of Shelter Dogs
- Teenage Boy Makes Bow Ties for Shelter Dogs and Cats to Help Them Get Adopted
- Super Bowl Champ, Derrick Nnadi, is Helping Shelter Dogs Get Adopted!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!