Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Be prepared for an overload of cuteness before you start watching this video. The kind folks over at Edgar’s Mission are helping these rescued farm animals get the quality of life that they truly deserve. The lambs have traded in sheers for sweaters, and we bet you would have a hard time finding pigs that are happier than the ones here.
The truth is that every day, farm animals like these little lambs are forced to suffer in factory farms where they are subjected to overcrowded conditions, deprived of the ability to express basic behaviors, and endlessly abused. The animals in these facilities are seen only as commodities, not the amazing individuals that they truly are. This fact alone makes incredible farm animal sanctuaries like Edgar’s Mission all the more necessary. Why should any animal be subjected to the world of factory farms when there are cozy sweaters and a wonderful, happy life waiting for them at sanctuaries all over the world?
We could give you the gory details of animal agriculture, but we think that seeing how loving these animals are when allowed to live freely is just as powerful. These animals will brighten everyone’s day who takes the time to watch them play.
- Petition: Hold Costco Accountable For Mistreating Farm Animals
- Over 20 Million Farm Animals Die on Their Way to the Slaughterhouse in the United States Every Year
- 10 Cruel Things Done to Farm Animals That No One Would Do to a Cat or Dog
- Doing This One Thing Can Help Rescued Farm Animals This Winter
- Canada Flood Kills Thousands of Farm Animals
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!